Friday 3 February 2012

Totoro Bento

I love totoro, I think it's my favourite cartoon out of the many by Miyazaki. :) I own a few cartoons by Miyazaki, bought them before IT was even born. :) The boys watched the cartoon a couple of times, my disk was in cantonese, so they did not really understand, but they still enjoyed the cartoon nonetheless.

I prepared the buns yesterday, cut them and kept them in the bento box. This morning, I added in the fillings, and Totoro's features. I've included some steps I took yesterday, hope you will find it useful. :)

IMG_1544
I'm using a long bun, but you can just get a small butter roll.

IMG_1545
Cut it into half.

IMG_1547
Snip off a 'V' on top for Totoro's ears with a pair of scissor.

IMG_1548
Using a knife, cut out the bread crust. Don't throw it away, coz you will need it in the next step.

IMG_1549
Cut out 5 inverted 'V' from the bread crust, these will be used on Totoro's tummy.

IMG_1561
And finally, add in cheese and nori for the eyes, nose and mouth. The whiskers are fried angel hair pasta. This box is for LT, he had ham/cheese buns and chicken yakitori.

IMG_1562
This box in for IT, he had the same food as LT.

IMG_1557
This is IT's box for recess, he had ham/cheese bun, chicken yakitori and grapes.

IMG_1554
This is LT's box for School, he had the same food as IT. This little fella has been bugging me for a box for School every day. -_-

IMG_1553
I think they look rather like owls too. lol. :)

IMG_1566
Shaved ham buns and yakitori for me, love eating them with the curly crisps. This was not exactly lunch for me, more like breakfast and teabreak. I took half for breakfast and am eating the other half now. I took my lunch outside today.

It's Friday again, will be taking a break and will be back again next Monday. Happy weekends to everyone. :)
Bunting---Dots-and-Stripes---Rainbow---13

Where to get same or similar items used in today's post:

6 comments:

  1. This is super adorable and cute ladybug on it :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tks, Rina. :) I just got those new picks n could not wait to use them. :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE these! One of my (and my boys) favorite films ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. :) Kindly leave a nick or name if you are commenting as anonymous. Thank you! :)