Friday 18 May 2012

Bread Cup Bento

Another first time, it's my first time doing a bread cup. IT likes it, but LT doesn't. No surprise though, which is why I did not bother to make one for him to bring to School. LT's very fussy with food, and he still needs me to feed him if he does not like the food. -_- I will try with his favourite strawberries and jam next time, hopefully he'll like it. :)
IMG_9549
Bento for IT, in the box are salmon bread cups, prawn paste wings, sausage, golden kiwis and strawberries.

IMG_9545
Bento for LT, same food as above. 5 petals flowers and sausage boy idea taken off Kaerenmama's blog. :)

IMG_9547
Bento for IT's recess, salmon bread cup, sausage and grapes.

IMG_9543
I think the temperature in my oven is uneven. :( The 5 bread cups were baked at the same time, but 2 of them are a little burnt. :(

IMG_9552
Lunch for me, in the box are mee goreng, prawn paste wings and salad.

I still had some salmon left over after making their bentos, so I made myself some bread cups in the afternoon and took some step-by-step pictures. :)
IMG_9553
First, find a round cutter that is slightly smaller than the aluminium cup you are using. You can also use muffin cups.

IMG_9554
Use the other side(not the cutting side) to make an imprint on the center of the bread.

IMG_9559
With the same cutter, make another 4 imprints like the ones shown in the picture.

IMG_9561
Cut along the outlines.

IMG_9562
Fit it into the aluminium cup.

IMG_9556
Or if you prefer a 5 petals bread cup, you can use another slightly smaller round cutter to make the imprints.

IMG_9555
Use the bigger cutter to make the circle imprint in the middle, and the smaller one to do the petals.

IMG_9558
Cutting them out makes nicer bread cups but you do have the problem of having leftover bread to deal with. So, if you do not like that, you can always just cut four slits at each corner and fold them into the cup. Next, bake the bread for around 8 mins at 180 degrees.

IMG_9564
Then, take the cups out and fill them in with whatever you like. I'm using salmon here. I steamed the salmon with a sprinkle of salt. Then, I flake them and mix with mayo and black pepper.

IMG_9565
Top with cheese, and return to the oven and bake till the cheese melts.

IMG_9572
And there, it's done. :)

Banner 3


Items used for today:

15 comments:

  1. Wow! It is looking delicious! I like the cups and the cutters! It's so nice. I will try it!
    Txs for sharing! Maja

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the bread cup, pretty flowers and thanks for the tutorial! I have so many of your recipes that I'll have to try whenever we are home during summer holidays, Great way to get N to help.
    Oh, the 'mee goreng' looks so yummy. I miss the ones in Asia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tks a lot for the sweet comments always, Rina. Holidays coming for us soon too, a month long this time. Yay! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the tutorial, Ming. It is really helps! Im going to try this. Your bread cup looks great and yummy! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tks,Yenn, n really glad to hear it helps. :)

      Delete
  4. LOVE the bread cup!! Thank you for the tutorial!! I can't wait to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tks, Michelle, happy to hear u are trying it out. :)

      Delete
  5. ooh, thanks for sharing the bread cup how-to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! Thank you for the bread cup tutorial! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Perfecto!! Thanks heaps for the tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I can say is ....Amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  9. thx for the tutorial.. i think i can made this one..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. :) Kindly leave a nick or name if you are commenting as anonymous. Thank you! :)